5 day course
Course Runs Next:
Electric Vehicle and Hybrid Training Course Bootcamp
Our highly acclaimed Bootcamp style of electric vehicle training has been developed to provide the knowledge and skill to service, diagnose and repair hybrid and electric vehicles.
The practical training sessions will make use a hybrid or electric vehicles. Information provided will encompass mainstream makes and models or hybrid and or electric vehicles. This independently certified, intensive, week-long training course will bring you up to speed with this exciting technology and equip you with the skills and knowledge necessary to perform a wide range of service, diagnostic and repairs to hybrid and electric vehicles.
Successful completion of the training course scheme of work and the practical assessments will lead to qualification at the highest level for electric vehicles.
These qualifications are achieved based on a mixture of written assignments and practical assessments which are carried out during the course.
- Hybrid and Electric Vehicle Systems 100% 100%
- Component Testing 80% 80%
- Fault Diagnosis Technique 75% 75%
- Safe Working & Operation 60% 60%
- Hands On 50% 50%
- Physical Remove & Refit 20% 20%
- Battery Technology & Repair 15% 15%
- Transmission & Transaxle 10% 10%
- EV Charging 10% 10%
More Detailed Information
Hybrid and Electrical Vehicle system training is designed for garage technicians who are required to service, repair, diagnose and fix faults on Hybrid and Electric Vehicles.
The aim of this course is to enable participants to:
- Be able to work safely on Hybrid and Electric Vehicles.
- Know Hybrid and Electric Vehicles operating concepts and working fundamentals.
- Use a range of tools on Hybrid and Electric Vehicles systems and components.
- Carry out Hybrid and Electric Vehicles system repairs.
- Test and diagnose Hybrid and Electric Vehicles systems.
- Diagnose Faulty Hybrid and Electric Vehicles components.
- Remove and refit safe and live Hybrid and Electric Vehicles components.
- Understand charging infrastructure and vehicle charging systems (including charge cables).
- Understand fault setting criteria, common faults (and codes) and how to perform data analysis to resolve complex faults.
- Diagnose and repair battery and battery management systems (BMS) faults.
- Gain a deep understanding of motors, generators and inverters, including test, measurement and diagnosis.
- Vehicle information coverage typically for Toyota, Honda, Nissan, BMW, VW Group, Kia/Hyundai & Tesla.
This training forms part of the Nationally Recognised Electric Vehicle standard. Participants practical skills, knowledge and understanding are formally assessed during the course.
Participants will achieve the Latest IMI EV Level 2, EV Level 3 and EV Level 4 qualification by the end of the course, subject to successful attainment of the course objectives.