Course Runs Next:
In Vehicle Networking
CAN Bus, LIN, MOST & Flexray are vehicle networking infrastructures which are at the heart of the modern vehicle’s function & operation. Simple systems such as door locking, lights and indicators through to more complex chassis functions, such as predictive cruise control, all make use of vehicle networking.
This practical real-world training course will enable you to recognise, evaluate, diagnose and repair a wide range of vehicle network faults, using the multimeter, the scope and the scan tool. Accessing and using vehicle manufacturers’ information is necessary for quick and accurate diagnosis.
- In Vehicle Networks 100% 100%
- Fault Diagnosis Techniques 80% 80%
- Oscilloscope and Multimeter Diagnosis 70% 70%
- Hands On 60% 60%
- Wiring Diagrams & Tech Info 50% 50%
- Network Fault Detection Strategy 40% 40%
- OEM Scan Tools & Passthru 20% 20%
- Body Systems 20% 20%
- Chassis Systems 20% 20%
- ECU Coding & Programming 15% 15%
More Detailed Information
In-Vehicle Networking, Body and Chassis Systems may seem very complicated and the integration can cause confusion when trying to diagnose system faults. In fact, many technicians waste time and fit unnecessary components trying to fix problems because of a lack of knowledge of how the system’s networks function.
As vehicle networking is the basis on which many vehicle systems operate (such as door locks, wipers, heating, lighting, powertrain, chassis and body), a good working knowledge is critical for every technican working on vehicles less than 10 years old.
This highly practical course will take you through our unique approach to fault finding in vehicle networking systems.
Everything we cover on this course has a direct link to the practical aspect of diagnosing and fixing vehicles.
During the course you will cover
- Recognising the type of vehicle network.
- Same vehicle different networks.
- Understanding network layout and test techniques.
- Using and interpreting vehicle wiring diagrams & tech data for speedy and efficient diagnosis & repair.
- Systems understanding of popular Body and Chassis systems.
- Using OEM, Passthru and Aftermarket Scan Tools for in vehicle networking system diagnosis.
- Using the multimeter and oscilloscope for quick and accurate diagnosis.
- CAN Bus impact on traditional troubleshooting techniques.
- Coding and programming – & what to do when it goes wrong.