Call: 01278 428699
Course Runs Next:
Diagnostic Bootcamp - Brief Description
The course covers the core skill areas of Electrical Fault Finding, Oscilloscope Diagnostics, Engine Management Petrol and Diesel as well as Can Bus & In Vehicle Networking.
- Diagnostic Techniques 100%
- Effective use of Meter, Scope, Scanner, Smoke Machine, Gas Analyser, Pressure Analysis plus more….. 100%
- Electrical Comprehension 75%
- Engine Management Petrol 75%
- Engine Management Diesel 75%
- Oscilloscope Diagnostics 75%
- CAN and In Vehicle Networking 75%
- Getting Paid For Diagnostics 20%
- Managing Customers 20%
- Bonus Course Content 15%
More Detailed Information
The Diagnostic Bootcamp is a brilliant, week long, fully immersive training course.
During the 5 days you will cover the most important aspects of vehicle diagnostics, in a friendly and down-to-earth learning environment. Our training workshop is equipped with up-to-date equipment and we’ll have a wide range of modern vehicles to practice on and to learn from.
If you are struggling with your diagnostics, or if you feel that you should find and fix faults faster and without trying replacement parts, or you want to change from being a parts changer to a diagnostic technician, this is the right course for you.
Everything we cover on this course has a direct link to the practical aspect of diagnosing and fixing vehicles.
During the course you will cover (the list is quite long, so please keep scrolling)
- Using and interpreting vehicle wiring diagrams
- Converting complex diagrams into simple test plans
- Test plans – the good, the bad and the ugly
- Earth back testing
- How, where and what to measure
- Key electrical components
- Different circuit types and structure
- Generators and Motors
- Practical Volt drop testing
- CAN Bus impact on traditional circuits and troubleshooting
- Triggers and Advanced Triggers.
- Masks and Alarms.
- Buffer and Buffer sorting.
- Bandwidth and sample rates.
- Relationship component testing – two, three and four channels.
- Ignition Systems.
- Amps, Microamps, wideband O2 sensors, active wheel speed sensors.
- In-cylinder Pressure Analysis.
- Exhaust pressure pulses.
- Waveform interpretation and analytic software.
- Direct Petrol injection Systems form, function and structure.
- Key components, test and measurement.
- Understanding key scan tool data stream.
- Oscilloscope diagnosis of key components.
- Emission control devices NOx, Cats, Wideband O2 sensors, etc
- Different operating modes.
- Fuel pressure including test and measurement.
- Practical fault finding sessions.
- Common faults and fixes.
- Fuel injectors, piezo and solenoid types, incl refurbishment.
Common Rail Diesel
- Low and high pressure fuel supply system.
- Fuel quality analysis.
- Inlet metering and fuel pressure control.
- The high pressure pump and pressure generation.
- Diesel injectors, testing and analysis (piezo and solenoid).
- Turbo charging and turbo control processes.
- EGR and associated components.
- Diesel Particulate Filters, additive and key sensors.
- Ad-blue and SCR systems.
- Key sensors and actuators of the common rail systems.
- Typical fault scenarios.
CAN Bus & In Vehicle Networking
- Recognising the type of vehicle networks.
- Same vehicle different neworks.
- Understanding network layout and test techniques.
- Using and interpreting vehicle wiring diagrams & tech data for speedy and efficient diagnosis & repair.
- Using OEM, Passthru and Aftermarket Scan Tools for in vehicle networking system diagnosis.
- Using the multimeter and oscilloscope for quick and accurate diagnosis.
- CAN Bus impact on traditional troubleshooting techniques.
- Coding and programming – & what to do when it goes wrong.
Bonus Material – as you will be with us for the week there imay be an opportunity for bonus subjects to be covered such as
- Eeproms overview and Immo Bypass & removal*
- Real world fault finding*
* depends on the course progress, available vehicles and course participant preferences.